Friday, October 30, 2009

BOO!

Well, Walt and I have a new calling in the Ward. Co-chairs of the Activity Committee. When, people congratulate us -- they also say how glad they are that THEY don't have the job. Really, tho, it's a fun one. Our first activity was the annual Fall Festival aka Halloween Party. It was a blast. A special thanks to all those that were such a big help -- and to YOU, Bob, who made it so successful with your Fishing Booth and the Ghost Ship races we had.

I tried to get into the spirit of things.....here I am with Jane Browning (bishop's wife), Kendall Grossenbach, and Angela Moon. I am conveniently dressed as a "old" biker. Which was no stretch for me cuz I am one. I drew the tattoo on my face. Have a neat-o one on my neck and a whole "sleeve" (that was thankfully -- removable).



This is the fishing-pond booth that Bob painted up and made for me. It was a free-standing little room. We had little fishing poles that went thru the slits in the front. This was the BIGGEST hit of the party. Everyone was dying that Bob actually made this. Then, the next day -- it was used again at a school party. Thanks Bob.


One of the Whipple boys (there are so many I don't know which one this is) showing how this works. There were two kids inside putting little toys on the clips of the fishing poles. Awesome!



Yep, this is Brian Browning -- my bishop. The kids thought he was the BEST dressing up with all those earrings and tattoo sleeves. Next to Bishop is Shirley Elder, our Relief Society President thinking a cool sweatshirt is good enough to wear for the party.



One of my friends, Merideth has this huge blow-up slide that we put in the middle of the gym. The kids LOVED it! We ended up having about 200 people coming to the party.


One of the Newman boys (Davis) dressed up as an overweight missionary. WAY overweight!



Everyone had a good time -- eating soup and chili -- going thru a spook alley on the stage; winning toys at the fishing pond; racing boats (by blowing on a staw to make them go) on Bob's "raingutter regatta"; a little booth with the Young women putting sticker tattoos on the kids; and shooting baskets in the small "shooters" game. It was ALOT of set up and work -- but so fun to see every one having a good time. Stay tuned for the next activity -- The Christmas Party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment